Do bring to camp
- Pillow, twin sheets, blanket/sleeping bag (cabins can be chilly at night).
- 2 towels and washcloth.
- Bible, notebook, and pencil/pen.
- Water bottle clearly marked with camper’s full name in sharpie.
- Personal hygiene items (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.).
- Bag for dirty clothes throughout the week.
- 5 outfits, a swimsuit, pajamas, and a jacket/hoodie (extra outfit in case one gets dirty).
- One nice outfit for chapel service (preferred but not required).
- Sneakers with socks and flip flops (closed-toe shoes are required for some of the activities).
Do NOT bring to camp
- Cell phones and electronic devices. If brought to camp they will be held by the camp director until the end of camp.
- Money, jewelry, or anything of value. Camp Hope Haven is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Registration is from 8:00-9:30 AM on Monday. If you are unable to come or are running late please call 757-427-1500. If we do not hear from you, your place will be given to someone on the waiting list.
- Bring your acceptance email and the Authorization for Medical Treatment form that you received. (This form must be notarized. Notary is available at check-in.)
- Camp ends at 3:00 PM Friday. Family and friends are invited to attend the slideshow and ceremony at 2:30 PM in the camp chapel.
- After the slideshow is complete, the children will be directed to go back to their cabins and then parents will be let out to checkout their child and to go get them.
- ALL CAMPERS MUST BE SIGNED OUT BY THE PERSON(S) WHOSE NAME(S) ARE LISTED ON THE SIGN-OUT SHEET. PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED.
- If there is a change in who will be picking up your camper, please call 757-427-1500 or 757-430-2235 (preferably the day before).
- You will have the opportunity to purchase a Camp Hope Haven t-shirt as a souvenir for your camper! T-shirts will be available for purchase on Friday during camper dismissal. Cost per shirt is $10. We now accept all major credit cards!
- Have labeled medications in original packaging available to be turned in to the nurse at registration.
- We are unable to provide special meals for campers with food allergies or who are on special diets. Please bring meals for them to eat. Label all items and place in a plastic bag with camper’s name and cabin number and we will put them in the refrigerator and prepare them for your child at meal times.
- Shorts must fit appropriately and follow the “finger-tip” rule.
- Tank tops should not be too tight or too low-cut.
- Skirts/dresses must not be shorter than the top of the knee.
- Remember sneakers must ALWAYS be worn for sports or barn activities.
- No bikinis are allowed, even with a t-shirt on top.
Camp Phone Policy
- Campers are allowed to make phone calls to parents after lunch on Tuesdays-Thursdays from 1:30-2:30.
- Campers must ask to call their families. We do not ask campers if they would like to call home.
- We do not generally allow campers to call on Mondays. Please speak with the camp director at registration if you would like your child to call you for any particular reason on a Monday.
- Clearly specify or let your child know which number is best to reach you during the middle of the day.
- Please do not promise your child they can call home whenever they want. It may not always fit into the camp schedule for your child to call home.