The Union Mission Ministries recognizes our obligation to respect and protect the privacy of our donors and adheres to the following six guidelines:
- Information about donations is treated with strict confidentiality and to the extent provided by law.
- The Union Mission Ministries does not lend, exchange, rent, or sell our donor list to other organizations or businesses or any other third party.
- The personal information donors provide when making an online donation is protected and will not be disclosed to any third parties.
- Some donors prefer anonymity. The Union Mission Ministries respects completely the wishes of contributors who prefer that their donation remain confidential.
- Employees of The Union Mission Ministries who have access to donor identifiable information in connection with processing donations are required to keep the information confidential.
- Periodically throughout the year donors will receive newsletters and requests for contributions. Donors have the option to be removed from the mailing list by contacting The Union Mission Ministries’ administrative office at (757) 627-8686.
We have created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. We do not collect personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. This policy is your guide to how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our Website.
Reading or Downloading
We collect and store only the following information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our site, and the Internet address of the Website from which you linked to our site. We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
Online Profile Updates and Donations
If you complete the Profile Update form and share your personally identifying information, this information will be used only to provide you with more targeted content. We may use your contact information to send further information about our organization or to contact you when necessary. You may always opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the “Opt Out” section below.
Sending us an Email
You also may decide to send us personally identifying information. For example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a Web form that provides us this information. We use personally identifying information from email primarily to respond to your requests. We may forward your email to other employees who are better able to answer your questions. We may also use your email to contact you in the future about our programs that may be of interest.
We want to be very clear: We will not obtain personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary. Except as might be required by law, we do not share any information we receive with any outside parties.
If you sign up for one of our email lists, we will only send you the kinds of information you have requested. We won’t share your name or email address with any outside parties.
Kids and Privacy
For children who visit our site, special rules apply. We do not request personal information about children, such as first or last name, street address or city. When kids send an email to us, their online contact information (email address) is not used to re-contact them and is not maintained in a retrievable form.
Opt-Out or Change Your Contact Information
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us. You may choose to receive only specific communications or none at all. You may also update your contact information previously provided to us. You cannot remove yourself from our database, but you can prevent unwanted communication.