If you’re looking for purpose in addition to a paycheck, join us in ministry at The Union Mission!
Our team is Caring Like Christ for some of South Hampton Roads’ most vulnerable neighbors: those experiencing homelessness. As a Union Mission staff member, your work is an investment in changing individual lives and our community for the better, both for tomorrow and for eternity!
In accordance with Scriptural principles, and with state and national law, The Union Mission Ministries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek the men and women best suited to each position based on their education, training, and experience. We conduct all recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, and termination procedures without respect to race, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
As a Christian religious nonprofit ministry, The Union Mission hires only candidates who are growing Christians who can clearly communicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others. Some positions require various days, evenings, and/or weekends.
Support Staff Openings
Only applications or emails containing a resume (attachment or link) will be considered.
– Full-time, M–F, 8 a.m.–4 p.m., Donor Services Team. Seasonal (September through February) to start.
– Help make ministry possible with the timely, accurate processing and acknowledgement of donors’ financial gifts
– Process mailed and digital gifts, properly coding to correct appeals; maintain most accurate information in donor records with regular updates.
– Ideal candidates will have strong computer, problem-solving, customer service, and interpersonal communications skills.
– Must be a motivated team player with good attention to detail.
– Experience with finances and/or customer relations management databases preferred.
– Consistent ability to work through the busy fall/end-of-year giving season preferred.
– Full-time, M–F, 8 a.m.– 4 p.m. with occasional nights, weekends, and overtime required
– Assist the Facilities Manager with the ongoing operation and maintenance of all facets of building and grounds maintenance, sometimes working with outside vendors
– Performs maintenance duties and repairs to assure the preservation of buildings and grounds and upkeep of all buildings, fixtures, and equipment
– Experience in carpentry flooring, basic plumbing, electrical, mechanical, hot water, HVAC, replacements of windows, bulbs, batteries and locks; experience in all forms of grounds maintenance.
– Working knowledge of tools and equipment related to repair tasks and grounds maintenance.
– Must be safety-conscious with good communications and interpersonal skills
– Current Virginia driver’s license required. High school diploma or GED required.
Full job descriptions are available upon request to Kathy Vaughan.