Most Needed Items
- Bus passes (5 day “Go-Pass” available at Farm Fresh or HRT – needed for employment, doctor visits, etc.)
- Towels, washcloths, pillow cases (white preferred for bleaching)
- Travel-size toothpaste and soap
- Men’s deodorant and razors
- Men’s undershirts and boxers
- Body Wash
- Women’s underwear and bras
- Women’s clothing (3X, 4X, 5X – stretchy)
- Twin blankets (solid colors)
- Ethnic hair products (oil/grease, conditioner, detangler, hair wraps)
- Shower shoes (flip flops)
- Small day-timers/note pad, pen
- Men’s business attire – dress shirts, ties, sports coats, suits, slacks, belts (sizes 32-40)
- Women’s pajamas, slippers, and robes
- Women’s black slacks, white shirts, black tennis shoes (for work)
- Umbrellas/rain ponchos
Make Your Shopping Easy
Use our Amazon Wish-list!
Donated items are given to shelter guests first, then to the poor in the community.
Food, Clothing, Shelter and so much more
Hundreds of hungry and hurting men, women, and children come to the doors of The Union Mission for help every day, many with just the clothes on their backs. They need a hot meal, a shower, clean clothing, and a safe place to lay their heads. You can help restore their dignity and self-respect by providing for their physical needs. Then counseling, and job and life skills training is offered to help people overcome their homelessness and become productive citizens once again. Most importantly the Gospel of Christ is shared with each one and lives are transformed forever.
Have you seen a homeless person on the street asking for help?
Please don’t give them money. Instead, consider keeping a care package in your car to give to them with items like packaged snacks, socks, bottled water, rain poncho, fast-food gift card, Union Mission Information Card (print card here), and a bus pass to get to the Mission. You can help them get the help they need.