Most Needed Items
- BUS PASSES (needed for employment, doctor visits, etc.) – WHERE TO BUY
- Men’s underwear (especially large boxers) and undershirts
- Women’s underwear and bras
- Flip flops (shower shoes)
- Towels, washcloths, pillow cases (white preferred for bleaching)
- Travel-size toothpaste and soap
- Men’s deodorant and razors
- Body Wash
- Women’s clothing (3X, 4X, 5X – stretchy)
- Baby diapers
- Twin blankets (solid colors)
- Ethnic hair products (oil/grease, conditioner, detangler, hair wraps)
- Men’s business attire – dress shirts, ties, sports coats, suits, slacks, belts (sizes 32-40)
- Women’s pajamas, slippers, and robes
- Women’s black slacks, white shirts, black tennis shoes (for work)
- Small day-timers/note pad, pen
- Umbrellas/rain ponchos
Make Your Shopping Easy
Use our Amazon Wish-list!
Donated items are given to shelter guests first, then to the poor in the community.
Food, Clothing, Shelter and so much more
Hundreds of hungry and hurting men, women, and children come to the doors of The Union Mission for help every day, many with just the clothes on their backs. They need a hot meal, a shower, clean clothing, and a safe place to lay their heads. You can help restore their dignity and self-respect by providing for their physical needs. Then counseling, and job and life skills training is offered to help people overcome their homelessness and become productive citizens once again. Most importantly the Gospel of Christ is shared with each one and lives are transformed forever.
Have you seen a homeless person on the street asking for help?
Please don’t give them money. Instead, consider keeping a care package in your car to give to them with items like packaged snacks, socks, bottled water, rain poncho, fast-food gift card, Union Mission Information Card, and a bus pass to get to the Mission. You can help them get the help they need.
Print out Union Mission Information Cards here